Thursday, July 12, 2007

Book Meme

Via Your Friendly Neighborhood Book Dragon

If you end up doing it let me know. I'll love to see your answers

Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror? Fantasy, is that what Harry Potter would fit under?

Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback?
Trade Paperback, hardcovers are alright just hard to hold for long periods of time. Pretty much hate Mass Market paperbacks.

Amazon or Brick and Mortar?
Amazon for expensive design books, Brick and Mortar for used books and books I really want right now with a coupon of course!

Barnes & Noble or Borders?
Borders! Love the Borders Rewards program

Hitchhiker or Discworld?
Not following this question

Bookmark or Dogear?
Bookmark always

Alphabetize by author, Alphabetize by title, or random?
Right now, by genre
Keep, Throw Away or Sell? Keep it unless I hate the book, usually something I was forced to buy for school, I sell those

Keep dust-jacket or toss it?
Keep

Read with dustjacket or remove it?
Remove it

Short story or novel?
I started off on novels but I definitely like short stories as well

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
Harry Potter, Lemony Snicket is great though too

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Half and half, depending
"It was a dark and stormy night" or "Once upon a time?" Once upon a time

Buy or Borrow?
Both depending on how much I want the book, what type of book it is, if I can borrow it or not

Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse?
Browse

Lewis or Tolkien?
Lewis, I rather don't like anything having to do with the Lord of the Rings

Collection (short stories by the same author) or Anthology (short stories by different authors)?
Both, I own more anthologies though

Tidy ending or Cliffhanger?
Two tidy endings for every cliffhanger

Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading?
Mostly nighttime, sometimes afternoon, and when I'm really hardcore, morning as well

Standalone or Series?
Both, probably read more standalone though

New or used?
Either as long as there isn't too much water damage or strange sticky substances

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Kissing in Manhattan by David Schickler

Top 5 favorite genre books of all time?
Genre books? My favorite book is the Great Gatsby, also like The Namesake, The Tipping Point, lots of stuff

Favorite genre series?
Genre series? I guess my favorite series would be Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Harry Potter, and Megan McCafferty's books

Currently Reading?
Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld and No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July

1 comment:

  1. Alea, great pick for your favorite book. It's in my top five as well. And, coincidentally, we're both currently reading No One Belongs Here More Than Me. I loved Miranda July's film, and she seems completely captivating as a person, so I had to pick up her short stories.

    Clara
    P.S. I did this meme as well

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...