Monday, August 11, 2008

Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer

I won't write too much about this book since it's either been said or you haven't read the book and I would never spoil it for you!

Breaking Dawn is the 4th and final book in Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series. It had it's ups and downs but it's not my favorite by a long shot. Don't get me wrong I liked it but it was no Twilight or Eclipse, those are the best in my opinion. Breaking Dawn starts off basically right where Eclipse left off just a few weeks before Bella's birthday. Er I'm not really going to say anything else, the rest is pretty tied to the plot!

In this book, like in Eclipse, Bella isn't the only narrator, Jacob joins in the task for part of the book. I kind of liked that but at the same missed Bella's voice. I liked Bella at the beginning of the book and after she got through some of her inner issues in the middle of the book. While she was going through this struggle I really didn't like her so much. After she makes it through I like her a lot more though, maybe even more so than in the previous books. I was hoping for more from the rest of the Cullens, maybe some more back story but they pretty much just stayed in the background the whole time which was pretty disappointing to me. Maybe I'll get this in Twilight Official Guide coming out the end of this year, fingers crossed!

For the most part I was pretty happy with the ending, I guess maybe it could have been a little more exciting but besides that pretty good. I'm glad I know how the story ends I'm just not sure about all the plot elements that got us there.

3/5 Stars
Purchased by myself

What are your thoughts on Breaking Dawn, the final installment of the Twilight series?

10 comments:

  1. I also agree that the ending could've been a touch more exciting. Would the "bad guys" really come all that way just to be reasoned with? Not sure. I felt there could've been a little more fighting. Though I loved learning about Bella's special talent!

    Overall, I just loved the whole series though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:40 AM

    Not reading any of this post...lol! I've already found out too much as it is. :)

    I was thinking about holding a discussion/chat about this book, but not sure. The idea came because so many other bloggers have read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A- I was pretty disappointed there was no fight, not even a little! I figured maybe a few people would die. I guess I was comparing it too much to the awesomeness of Harry Potter. I liked Bella later on in the book a lot. I feel like she grew up for sure! I agree, great series!

    J. Kaye- Ok don't read any of this. Not even this comment especially what I just wrote above this. Come back when you are done though! I can't wait to hear what you think! I'd be up for a chat! Keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:35 PM

    I actually really liked it - and from what I've read so far on other blogs, I think that puts me in the minority! I am glad to have the suspense over, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:38 PM

    LOL @ You! I'll let you know as soon as the book arrives! It's gotta be this week...I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie K.- Yeah I sort of feel bad that some people really dislike it. I didn't dislike it, I just imagined it to be different in a more fulfilling way. I'm glad to know what's happened too!

    J Kaye- Where is your book hiding? Did you do amazon free shipping, hopefully it will arrive soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:45 PM

    Not Amazon this time. If I had, it would have been here by now. :( I got it from www.bomc2.com. All HC books are $9.95 and that's including shipping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. J Kaye- *covers eyes* i shouldn't know about cheap book websites! I'll have to take a peek anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:50 PM

    LOL @ You! I've given up all the other book clubs except for this one. And the rule is after BREAKING DAWN, I can only do my monthly book, no extras.

    I am going to stick to this...I am going to stick to this...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That makes one of us! I'll be happy if I go a few days without buying anything and reward myself with a book! And I'm not even kidding. Plus my birthday is in a month, I always get 100 dollars of amazon stuff for my birthday it seems like, my present to myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...