Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tuesday Thingers!

Today's question: Members who have your books. Do you ever look at this feature? Do you use it to make LT friends, or compare notes? There are three tabs- weighted, raw, and recent. "Weighted," which means "weighted by book obscurity and library size" is probably the least self-explanatory of the three, whereas "raw" and "recent" are more so. Do you get any kind of use out of this feature?

I actually used to use this feature all the time, probably the most of all the features. I'd click people's profiles and see what we had in common and then look at books in their libraries that I wasn't familiar with. I don't know why but I don't do that nearly as much anymore. I don't think the "recent" one was there when I used to look at it all the time, that doesn't ring a bell. Is that new?

What's your favorite librarything feature?

8 comments:

  1. I was surprised by the "recent," tab, too. But then I really hadn't noticed that there were more than one tab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recent is definately new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the recent is new.... Weighted is my favorite though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they're always making these little tweaks here and there. Keeps it interesting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Alea - you said that you used to use it all the time ... why did you stop? Was it simply that you were familiar with the libraries at the top of the list?

    ReplyDelete
  6. jlshall- Librarything is always sneaking in new things!

    Lenore- ok good, thought I'd gone nuts!

    Kathleen- I used to rotate between the then two and work my way down the lists, that's how much i like it.

    Marie- Very true!

    sheistoofondofbooks- I think I stopped because I don't have as much time anymore and I got more into the forums so that's mostly where I spend my librarything time now. I did get familiar with the tops though, they have started to change recently with me adding more books and not viewing it as often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:51 PM

    If I didn't say it in an earlier comment, I'll say it now. I missed you BUNCHES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. J. Kaye- Aww you're too sweet! We're all glad you are back and safe!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...