Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Thingers!

Today's question: Have you ever used the Swap This Book function which can be found on the main page of any book (here is an example of Flirting With Forty by Jane Porter: link shown on book page, what it looks like if you click on the link)? If so, what do you think about it? If not, are there any other swap sites you utilize to exchange books once you are done? What do you do with your books if you no longer want them anymore?

I used the check out the Swap This Book function when I first joined LibraryThing. I think that's how I first heard about Bookmooch. Eventually I joined Bookmooch and haven't really looked at that function since.

When I first saw it I thought it was kind of interesting and it got me thinking about joining Bookmooch. (I also looked into the other swap sites before picking Bookmooch) Before I joined Bookmooch I used to take my books to Half Price Books. It was never very many but every so often I had a bag full. Bookmooch is much more fun!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:28 PM

    Today was the first time I looked at Swap This Book. It's a great feature, but I don't think I'll ever use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to bookmooch all the time so I believe you when you say you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bermudaonion- Yeah it's not really that useful unless you belong to all the swap sites and then if so you could just look on the actual site.

    Lenore- I love it! I've been enjoying the YA Book Swap lately too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about the feature but do swap at Paperbackswap and Bookmooch. I've been really disapointed in Bookmooch lately. It's rare for a book to get listed that is on my wishlist and it is often out of country and they won't ship here. I even go to the site and check almost daily with no luck. I'm actually considering quitting after I use up my credits, which are quite a few!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried BookMooch yet, but it has been mentioned a lot, so I am going to head over there and look into it. I have used PaperBack Swap a bit, and really like it. Last time I took 6 huge boxes of books into Half Price and only got $25! I'm careful with my books, they were all almost new, guess they just weren't popular enough. :)

    Thanks for participating in Tuesday Thingers last week! I’ve got this week’s posted now.

    Take care, Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red lady-Bonnie- That's a bummer. I guess I look probably 20+ times a day and only find something every few days but I don't have a ton of points so it works out!

    Wendi- Yeah Half Price Books really doesn't give much for books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...