Thursday, May 14, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Gluttony

Book Gluttony! Are your eyes bigger than your book belly? Do you have a habit of buying up books far quicker than you could possibly read them? Have you had to curb your book buying habits until you can catch up with yourself? Or are you a controlled buyer, only purchasing books when you have run out of things to read?

OMG YES! I buy way way way way way way way way faster than I can read. According to LibraryThing my TBR pile is 746 and I know not all my newer books have tags yet so yeah... I try and curb my book buying (a little) but it usually only lasts a few weeks or er days. I can't not go to the Library Book Store on Thursdays! Sometimes I can not go to Borders for a few weeks or put off an Amazon order, but I gotta go to the Library Book Store! My problem is I can't pass up a deal. I rather buy something i'm not going to read for a long time than have to pay full price at a later date. I love the deals! I just can't not buy something when it's like 25 cents. It's impossible! But be proud, I didn't buy anything at the library today and last week, only one book! There is hope for me yet!

Booking Through Thursday

10 comments:

  1. Uh, yes, yes, and YES. That's oh-so-totally my problem. I'll be like, oh, new release, gotta get it. Or "Well, I HAVE this Borders gift card, so...". It's like a mental problem! And my TBR stack is growing and growing. Maybe not 400 books, but like at least 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all knew this about you already. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am exactly like you. I can't pass up a book if it is a good price because most likely I will want to read it later and I won't be able to find it cheap. My TBR pile is nowhere near yours luckily but it is probably around 200 or so. I need to learn how to stop. Or maybe just read faster. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unlike most book lovers, I think I'm a pretty controlled buyer. However, I DO borrow books faster then I can read them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here. I've just had to get creative about it since I have no money. Mypoints.com is awesome. I have gotten many a B&N gift card through them. If you want a referral let me know. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. My problem exactly. Buy too many books, borrow too many books, live with too many books. And unrepentant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah2:11 AM

    I'm a pretty controlled buyer, too. I mostly have about 10 unread books on my shelves and I read much more books than I buy (I love you, public library). Still, if I were rich, it would be another matter. Some sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same, I really cannot control myself when it comes to books — in any situation. When buying books I go a bit crazy by buying giant amounts and I still have books from July last year I haven't read. I also go into a frenzy at the library, I think to myself "ok I'll just return these books" and then I come out with about 10 more books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got really old books that I should really read. And I still buy. It's an addiction! But I will catch up over the summer holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! Someone who had more TBR books than me according to LT. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...