Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hardcover vs. Paperback 35

Summer Blowout by Claire Cook

Hardcover

Paperback

Borders.com:

A string of Italian beauty salons run by a lovably insane Boston Irish family is the backdrop for this hilarious, rambunctious work that is full of juicy conflict and unconditional love.

Oooh this is a hard one. I read the book when it first came out and thought the cover worked really well, the dog was one of my favorite parts of the book. But I also really like the new paperback! I like how the composition remains the same for them both. Tie!

Which is your favorite?

13 comments:

  1. The hardcover looks like the perfect beach read - light and fun! I'd be more likely to pick that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know. I love the dog on the hardcover but I think I like the paperback better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely the paperback! It looks so inviting :-).
    Sounds like a great beach read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought the hardcover was pretty cheesy. But the paperback looks generic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to vote for the hardcover because of the cute little dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you mentioned a tie, because I feel the same way! I just couldn't decide :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm drawn to the paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hardcover--way cuter. I agree with Lenore, the paperback is totally generic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read it when it was an ARC. Love the cover they used with the dog. I think it goes well with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the hardcover because of the cute little puppy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh the hardcover of course! That dog is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a paperback lover here. It looks so free and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not big on the title, but as for covers, I like the second one with the woman. The colors are much richer and it's light and airy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...