Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weekly Does of Crafts with a special guest!

Well, I haven't done much crafting lately, I guess I've been too busy hunting down romance novels for my new obsession!

But I did start and complete the embroidery to the left this weekend. It's a Sublime Stitching transfer (loved using a transfer) of a Black Apple piece.

Cute right?

Anyways back in January I conned asked my friend Dajana to feltie with me and I asked her to share her feltie and write a bit about her experience. Take it away Dajana!

I recently spent a few hours with Alea and her bag of felt, thread and cute "how to" books. We had ridiculous fun sketching, cutting up felt pieces and sewing them into complete little characters. The character I made is a little bearded man (because you just can't go wrong with bearded men, in my opinion). He had a kind of nautical quality and a red hat so we decided to call him Steve Zissou.

My overall impression of this felt-craft is that while it may seem simple, is quite involving and requires lot's patience and forethought. It's not something I'd be able to keep up on my own, but I'm definitely looking forward to some felt-time with Alea again.

Isn't Dajana awesome! Steve Zissou! Visit Dajana on her blog make awesome to see what else she's creating!

10 comments:

  1. Steve Zissou is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, good times ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. that embroidery is HOT. let's do that on our next play date :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dajana- Oooh lets! And there is much more where that came from! I got like 4 sheets of sweet stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love the embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, I must try it. I hope you keep posting crafty things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris- Me too Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! I am resisting felting so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I could turn Steve into such a terrific character! He looks very sweet and wise, but his words would be simple and few.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that movie! And Steve makes a very cute feltie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...