Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekly Dose of Crafts!

Ok this is non-romance related but I'm too excited not to post right away!

Last week I shared a cable knit swatch I had created. Below is the project that followed on the dvd, a cable knit scarf with color blocks, as you can see I didn't get very far, it's time consuming, but also haven't picked up in a week!


These next two projects came from the Klutz Crochet book, which I think I forget to mention last week in my This Week In Books. Between this book and the I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting dvd I got from the library I'm learning a lot more than I did in my class a few weeks ago. In fact, I'm much improved from even a week ago when I was trying to make a simple washcloth that ended up looking like a pyramid, it's so horrible I cut the yarn and stopped and will not be sharing that here ha!

Anyway, below are 3 attempts at a crochet flower from the Klutz book, it's still not there yet but I'm trying! My first attempt turned out with 2 petals because I think I was going into the wrong stitch, so I ended up using a twist tie to mark the stitch! Teal was maybe my 2nd or 3rd attempt, the mixed blue 4th and the purple is today's attempt. I stopped at 4 petals, I can't seem to get the 5 to fit on there naturally.

And this one is a jewelry roll (or a crochet hook holder- which was another suggestion in the book). I was so impressed with myself that for the most part it turned out as a square swatch, before putting it together. I think it's pretty darn cute and didn't take that long!



That's all for this week!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pics, Alea! The jewelry roll aka crochet hook holder is super cute! Your attempts and final success at crocheting has given me hope for my own knitting goals. I tried to learn via You Tube videos since I don't know anyone that knits and I still didn't get it. Nor did a book help. I think I might need intensive 1 on 1 help HaHa! It probably has to do with both my lack of focus and on the videos not showing good angles. I will take the suggestion to look for a dvd at my library. I never even thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great! If you could make the crochet hook holder a little smaller, it could be a business card holder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that crochet hook holder is cool! I'll have to make myself one of those :)

    And that cable knit scarf may be time consuming, but it sure is pretty! I love the stitch work!

    I've been trying to crochet some arm warmers for a while now, but working in the circle is hard, and it doesn't look as nice the other way. Perhaps I should try again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers! Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! I love it! When does your etsy store open? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ALea, sorry for not commenting more often!

    I love your cable knit scarf! I think you should complete it. It looks really nice and the color is wonderful and I love that jewelery roll too! I so wish I could so this as well!

    Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pouch! And your flowers are coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you go Alea. Love the scarf. Great job on all your knitting and crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wooot! beautiful! Cables are so much fun lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the cables! And you're doing great at crochet. I've tried to teach myself but haven't been successful. For now, I'll stick to knitting.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...