Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Hardcover vs. Paperback 130




Called "A writer to watch, a tremendous talent" by the Chicago Tribune, Bich Minh Nguyen makes her fiction debut with the deeply moving and entertaining story of two Vietnamese sisters. Aside from their petite stature, Van and Linny Luong couldn't be more different. Diligent, unassuming Van works as an immigration lawyer in the Michigan suburbs where she resides with her handsome, Chinese-American lawyer husband. Beautiful, fashionable Linny lives in Chicago and has drifted into an affair with a married man. When Van's picture-perfect marriage collapses and Linny finds herself grappling to escape her dead-end life, the long-estranged sisters are unable to confide in one another- until their eccentric inventor father calls them back home to the Vietnamese American community they fled long ago.

I LOOOOVE the photo on the paperback. I want those tights and that shoe! That's really all I have to say about that!

Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

8 comments:

  1. The hardcover is interesting if you take the time to study it. The paperback is much more appealing overall. I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paperback looks like a creepy Dorothy of The Wizard of Oz. I like it.

    Also, loving the new look around the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new format Alea! It makes the feature stand out and your graphic skills really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you have to do a Lookalike between that pb and the cover for Cinder by Marissa Meyer. ;)

    I love your new graphic format for this, but I worry you will soon be overwhelmed with creating them!! Don't burn out, Alea! I need you around on the internet!!

    That being said, I don't think I like either. The pb is certainly eye-catching with its colours, but I HATE FEET. Gah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...