Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Review: Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips

 
If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you might have heard, I'm obsessed with the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips.
 
I've always wanted to try these salon effects nail strips. I even bought some about a year and a half ago but have never opened them. I was afraid I would have so much trouble putting them on that I would ruin them and there would go $10 down the drain.
 
I finally gave them a whirl last week and I am obsessed. I applied the leopard print Sunday evening and about a week later on Monday I took them off. I really only had chipping on one nail out of 5 (I didn't apply them to all my nails.) I just put on another set (pink polka dots) last night and for some reason this set has a little more chipping, I think it might be user error in this case with how I filed them this time.
 
 
 In the past week I've compiled a nice little collection of these and I can't wait to keep using them. I like that each set comes split into two packs, so if you are like me and only want to do half of your nails with the strips and the rest with polish the other half of the strips won't dry out and you can get two manicures out of them. I really can't get enough of these!
 
 
 I've been enjoying seeing people's reactions to my manicures and think I have convinced a few people to also try them out to see how they like them! Have you used these? How did you like them?

Received this product complimentary for testing and review purposes from Influenster

9 comments:

  1. I like how they look and might try them if they actually work. It's a little pricey, but I like nail art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree they are pricey. But luckily i have found a ton of the seasonal ones on clearance at places like Target and Ulta for less than $5!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that pink polish paired with the polka dot strips. My nails are sorely in need of a makeover. You've convinced me! I'll be looking for these the next time I go to the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I love that using them this way gets me two manicures instead of one!

      Delete
  3. I tried the ones from Avon and they chipped a lot. I'll give these a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know Avon had some, good to know!

      Delete
  4. The pink polka dots are so cute and fun! I am definitely going to stop by Target and see what I can find, I'm in need of some girly stuff right now, lol!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The polka dot ones are on clearance right now so see if you can find a clearance shelf! They have a lot of springy ones on clearance right now! :)

      Delete
  5. I tried the black and white plaid patterned strips a few months back, they were part of a gift basket from a friend.. I feel bad that she wasted the money. I don't know if it was a user error in the filing or the job I had at the time (I worked at a dog grooming business and that day I had a particularly nasty dog come in that needed a good scrubbing) that caused them to chip and peel off by the end of the day, but I honestly don't see myself spending the money for another set.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...