Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hardcover vs Paperback 155


Lennie plays second clarinet in the school orchestra and has always happily been second fiddle to her charismatic older sister, Bailey. Then Bailey dies suddenly, and Lennie is left at sea without her anchor. Overcome by emotion, Lennie soon finds herself torn between two boys: Bailey's boyfriend, Toby, and Joe, the charming and musically gifted new boy in town. While Toby can't see her without seeing Bailey and Joe sees her only for herself, each offers Lennie something she desperately needs. But ultimately, it's up to Lennie to find her own way toward what she really needs-without Bailey. A remarkable debut novel perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Francesca Lia Block.
 
I really like the symbolism in the paperback so for me it's more meaningful (and it's also really pretty who doesn't love some good foliage!) I will say I like the typography on the hardcover though and the color palette.
 
Thanks to Gabrielle who suggested this H vs P!
 
Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!
 

5 comments:

  1. I'm getting a bit tired of the girl laying down in fetal position. These seem to be everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to vote for the hardcover on this one - maybe because that's the version I read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the hardcover? I'm not attached to it, but I'm sick of dead-girl-in-pretty-dress-also-fetal-position syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I definitely prefer the hardcover cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the hardcover. I agree with Laura and Nicole. The paperback cover looks too much like many other covers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...